Super Easy Thick Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 x 400g cans Ayam Premium Coconut Cream (800 grams total)
- 1/2 cup of plain COYO (I purchase mine from GoVita)
- 50 grams of Orgran 'No Egg' (purchased from health food shop or supermarket,see image below)
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- Optional - 1 teaspoon of Vanilla (either vanilla paste, seeds or extract)
- I start by making sure everything is super clean & I run boiled water over my utensils, thermomix jug and thermosaver.
- In your thermomix jug add in your 800ml of Coconut Cream and 50 grams of 'No Egg'. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 4 until all combined
- Heat the mixture to 80 degrees, speed 3, 10 minutes. (It should already be pretty thick by now)
- Let the mixture cool to 37 degrees, keeping it in the thermomix, this normally takes 1-2 hours but it depends where you live and your climate.
- Around the end of the cooling time I normally boil the kettle and add some hot water into my thermosaver to pre-heat it.
- Once cooled, add in the maple syrup (and vanilla, if you like) and mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds.
- Add the pre-purchased COYO and combine at 37 degrees, speed 1 for 3 minutes.
- Pour the hot water out of your thermosaver
- Pour your coconut yoghurt from your thermomix jug into your thermosaver, place the lid on top and wrap it in a towel. Leave it overnight or for 8 hours, I put mine in the laundry out of the way. I normally make mine in the late afternoon and open it up the next morning.
- Refridgerate and enjoy!
- Remember to save 1/2 a cup of your batch of yoghurt for next time you make it.